Thursday, June 19, 2014

1:45 Hour: One-On-One Mentoring: Empowering Effective Parent Mentoring (Genevieve Peterson and Mary Biesinger)



I don't know about you, but as my acquaintances learn that I educate my children at home, many of them respond by saying things like, "I could never do that."  "I don't have the patience!"  "My kids won't listen to me."  

What they don't realize is that we home school parents have the same doubts, fears and bad days, BUT we keep going.  WHY?  Do you know why you are home schooling?  Do you need a reminder? 

Your children need YOU.  God sent your children to you for a reason.  He will not leave you without help.   

In this class, we will discuss principles we can identify of how God mentors us: one-on-one. We will explore how we can apply those same principles in order to uniquely mentor our children for their individual missions. 


To prepare for class, please carefully study the following:

To simplify your readings, the first two are already included as suggested reading for the whole day of training.


  • "Leadership Education" by the DeMilles pgs 40-56 (within chapter 2: The Seven Keys of Great Teaching, Applying the Seven Keys, The Eight Key, and Foundational Phases)
  • Oliver DeMille's address from the TJEd 2007 Forum: "The Eighth Key and the Four Levels of Leadership"--I don't purchase many things, but this is a treasure...very central to the Vanguard vision.
    http://www.tjed.org/purchase/audio-downloads/eighth-key/
  • Watch this TED talk by Benjamin Zander The Transformative Power of Classical Music
  • Please consider ways in which God has taught you. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful class! Too bad I'll be busy that hour. :)

    ReplyDelete